YDL [not OSX] with linksys wireless router?? [long rant -- sorry!]

Tim Seufert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 28 15:23:00 2003

On Friday, March 28, 2003, at 08:03  AM, nathan r. hruby wrote:

> Agreed, this sucks. There's a signifigant speed difference when I plug
> any
> of my 10/100 machines into my cable modem directly (which does 10/100
> even
> if it's capped at 768k).  This may be linksys' appeasment to the
> brodband
> industry (eg: self limiting hardware keeps people from doing 'too much'
> with their home connection..)

The cable industry already uses bandwidth caps to do that, as you
noted.  There isn't any need for Linksys to appease them on this front.
  The main reason why the WAN port on most home routers is 10 megabit is
that there's no need for anything more and the manufacturers use that
as an opportunity to save cost.