dhcpCd (was Re: (no subject))

Spliced Networks yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 28 11:53:01 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Beartooth wrote:

You don't need both the eth1 stuff and the iwconfig lines I posted.
Forget about the eth1 stuff for now, and use the iwconfig line and
the ip link and dhcpcd lines I posted.

Before you type dhcpcd, try typing iwconfig and see if you can see
the mac address of your access point. It should also display signal
strength and other information.

If it doesn't then, you should check your SSID, and make sure you have WEP
turned off on the access point. You may also have to manually set the
channel.

If it still doesn't work, you might want to try changing the channel used
on your access point. Especially if you have other 2.4GHz equipment, such
as a cordless phone or wireless doorbell (or close neighbors that might
have 2.4GHz equipment), as these can sometimes add too much noise to the
channel being used :)