VDQ : bittorrent & servers

Beartooth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 2 10:11:01 2003

	I think I see, through a glass darkly, that when you're
downloading from bittorrent, you're also running a server. Some of us
little guys have firewalls, such as they are, which *start* with not
running any servers (afaik) -- on the grounds that running one exposes
you to risks which require more expertise than we've got. Is there a
real problem here, or am I just confused?

	Btw, I have noticed that 2.3 starts apache on boot; does that
make any sense for those of us who have no web page and don't plan to
get one?

--
Beartooth Implacable <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
PhD, Double Retiree, Neo-Redneck, Linux Duffer, Curmudgeon