No Boot fresh YDL3 install

bruce woller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 3 07:10:01 2003

Angela:
I installed YDL3.0 on my G3 B&W  with Adaptec 2940 LVD SCSI card.  I
received kernel panic at boot also.  I suspect that SCSI support is not
compiled into the 'stock'  vmlinux kernel supplied with the installer.
Strangely, the installer itself has SCSI support because the modprobe
of AIC7xxx is displayed when booting from the CD.  I was able to get a
little visability by copying the kernel(2.4.10-12a) from YDL2.3 onto
the /boot partition and pointing yaboot at that kernel.  I haven't
rebuilt the 3.0 kernel yet due to other unforeseen system issues.
Regards,
Bruce