Two mounting questions

S. M. Kelly yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 3 11:42:01 2003

YDL 3.0 is the best distro I have used on either platform!  (I've been using
SuSE & Mandrake on x86 since Mandrake 5.1 and SuSE 4 something)  Now, all
that said, I'm still an amateur on Linux having only used it recreationally
(i.e. I don't inhale).

Here's two of the first hurdles I need help with.

1.  I need to  be able to mount audio CD's.  For some reason I can mount data
CD's, but not audio ones. I have a slot DVD/CD-ROM drive in my TiBook and
when I try to play an audio CD in any CD Player app It'll "mount" and
retrieve the CDDB info but I can't get it to play.  It will only stay on
"pause."  Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

2.  I need to be able to read my hda9 partition (hfs+) with both Mac9 & X.1 on
it, in order to copy over my docs and MP3's.  I've been trying to mount it
using mpmount but without success.  I've already created a /mnt/macos
directory but unable to retrieve any files.  Help!

Thanks all!

Sean M. Kelly
Harrisburg, PA USA
"A Windows professional who uses a Mac....running Linux"
SMKSensei@Mac.com