YDL 3 and second HD : How can you be seriously in business?

Felix Jodoin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 3 11:09:01 2003

--Boundary_(ID_9Hl1OuOk7LkBRTqok0cPjg)

Go to support on yellowdoglinux.com, read the article, if that doesn't
work, reset the pram.
-Alias

On Saturday, May 3, 2003, at 08:16  AM, Richard Boileau wrote:

> Horrible! I could not boot back in Mac OS X after installing YDL 3 on
> my second HD. Disk Warrior was useless this time. I could not boot in
> YDL 3, even in runlevel 3 to fix the partition map according to the
> information on the main support page.
>
> I can read this on YDL site : "With enhanced support for the latest
> ATI and NVidia graphics cards (full 3D support for the ATI Radeon
> series), "video issues" are a thing of the past."
>
> I don't think this is true! There is still problems and this time, YDL
> 3 can seriously damage your other partition.
>
> I am really mad because i lost everthing on my MAC OS X partition and
> i had to reinstall it. I guess you have to be a pro to use Linux and
> be ready for 10-20 restarts to ajust everything.
> (G4 867, Radeon 9000, 17 Flat Panel)

--Boundary_(ID_9Hl1OuOk7LkBRTqok0cPjg)

Go to support on yellowdoglinux.com, read the article, if that doesn't
work, reset the pram.

-Alias

boot back in Mac OS X after installing YDL 3 on my second HD. Disk
Warrior was useless this time. I could not boot in YDL 3, even in
runlevel 3 to fix the partition map according to the information on
the main support page.

I can read this on YDL site : "With enhanced support for the latest
ATI and NVidia graphics cards (full 3D support for the ATI Radeon
series), "video issues" are a thing of the past."

I don't think this is true! There is still problems and this time, YDL
3 can seriously damage your other partition.

I am really mad because i lost everthing on my MAC OS X partition and
i had to reinstall it. I guess you have to be a pro to use Linux and
be ready for 10-20 restarts to ajust everything.

(G4 867, Radeon 9000, 17 Flat Panel)</fontfamily></excerpt>

--Boundary_(ID_9Hl1OuOk7LkBRTqok0cPjg)--