Two mounting questions

Daniel Resare yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 3 13:27:02 2003

lör 2003-05-03 klockan 19.41 skrev S. M. Kelly:

> Here's two of the first hurdles I need help with.
>
> 1.  I need to  be able to mount audio CD's.  For some reason I can mount data
> CD's, but not audio ones. I have a slot DVD/CD-ROM drive in my TiBook and
> when I try to play an audio CD in any CD Player app It'll "mount" and
> retrieve the CDDB info but I can't get it to play.  It will only stay on
> "pause."  Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Since the TiBook is missing the analog audio cable that usually connects
the soundcard and cdrom you need to use the xmms-cdread package to play
audio cds. Once you've installed the package and restarted xmms you can
open the file /dev/cdrom and listen to the music. It works on my iBook2
rev 2 from July 2002.

One small detail also, when you write something to the list that is not
a reply to someone else, please send a new message. When you send a
reply to an unrelated message instead of a new message chances are that
people uninterested in problems with partition tables on secondary hard
drives will not read your message.

cheers
/noa