Two mounting questions

Rick Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 3 22:22:01 2003

The situation really isn't as bleak as all that.  First of all, HFS
is probably *not* a viable option for a filesystem that has MP3s in
it.  HFS-plus handles large files (and filesystems with lots of
little files) much better than HFS.  That's why Apple developed
it...

(that's the bad news -- now the good news)

Second, it sound like you really just want to *read* the MP3 files,
not create them.  HFS+utils works OK for  copying files from an
HFSplus filesystem to a Linux filesystem.  Read the "tuxppc"
article Bruce referenced, then read the man pages for the HFS+utils
as mentioned in the last followup to that article. There is hope.

Anybody want to spend some time developing an HFS+ filestem driver
for Linux PPC?  The world (or at least a small corner of it) will
thank you profusely!

Enjoy!

Rick