Two mounting questions

S.M.Kelly yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 4 21:10:01 2003

Well,
I already went and done it.  I now have OS9 on hda9 using HFS, and OSX on
hda10 using HFS+.  I can mount my hda9 fine now, but I want to change the
permissions in fstab to enable any user to read and write to the partition as
well as have it automount.  This partition will be my go-between for my OS's.

so... here's my fstab...

/dev/hda13              /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
/dev/hda9               /mnt/macos       hfs     ????              1 1??
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hda12          swap                 swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/cdrom          /mnt/cdrom     udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

What do I put in the ??? fields?  or is there something else I am doing wrong?
I want to have an icon on my desktop as a user with my "macos" partition
available for read/write with every boot.  I've been trying to figure out
stuff using the man pages, but am getting blurry-eyed!

Help!

Sean M. Kelly
Harrisburg, PA  USA
SMKSensei@Mac.com