A peculiar issue between OS X and YDL 3 printing

Sergio Valdes-Flores yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 4 20:01:01 2003

I have an Epson Stylus USB 740 (color)
it is attached to the USB port of my iMac flatpanel not doing YDL but
doing OS X jaguar .2.5

I can see it with a browser at localhost:631
the iMac is connected to the internet WIRELESSLY through Airport card
thorough a belkin 802.11b wireless/ethernet router (can do both),
because I have more than one mac and I want to have NAT..ok..

I have a PowerBookg3 pismo, it has ydl 3.0, only,
it has an airport card too, it sees the internet thru the same belkin
router and the same adsl modem.

but I can't print!!!
I need to print from it...
it doesnt see the USB printer attached to the iMac...

please HOW do you do this?
anyone in this list really familiar with the way the print center
attaches a local usb printer, answer this please...
I don't think it is really CUPS, what the PrintCenter is doing in OS
X...
ah, before I forget, another wireless mac with os x sees it just fine
and prints wirelessly to it, just fine..it is YDL 3.0 that's blind...