PCMCIA /Orinoco Silver 802.11b

Bob Sams yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 5 09:02:00 2003

Aaron Hsu wrote:
> Make sure that cardmgr is running.
>
> Also, check to make sure that your kernel drivers are correct.
>

> On Sun, 2003-05-04 at 13:04, Bob Sams wrote:
>
>>I'm having no luck getting my wireless card to work with YDL3.0.  The
>>computer is a PowerBook Wallstreet.  Built-in ethernet works fine.
>>Network utility cannot start the orinoco.cs driver and cardctl info
>>states that PCMCIA is not loaded.
>>Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>Bob S.

Aaron, Stefan:

Output from chkconfig --list | grep pcmcia  indicates that pcmcia is on
for levels 3 through 5.
services pcmcia status? generates no output at all.
As for kernel drivers, I don't know how to do that.  lsmod shows no
pcmcia modules.  Besides, I thought pcmcia support was built in to 2.4
kernels.

I'll check the log outputs when I get back on Wednesday.

Thanks for the help.

Bob