Two mounting questions

P.G. Howard-Cordone yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 5 09:33:07 2003

On 04/05/2003, at 23:47 -0400, you wrote:

>This does not solve your problem completely, but to my knowledge is
>the closest solution possible.  Put a line like this in fstab:
>
>/dev/hda9    /mnt/macos    hfs     noauto,user     1  2
>
>It means that the partition is not automatically mounted at boot time,
>and is user mountable.  In other words, any user can do
>
>     mount /mnt/macos

Stefan,

On a similar note, I have a problem mounting the external zip drive.
In fstab I have the following entry:

/dev/sda5   /mnt/zip   hfs   noauto,user  1  2

However, when I try double clicking on the desktop icon (or using
mount /dev/zip), I always get the error saying "can't find /dev/zip/
in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab"
I am puzzled by this, as the entry is there.
I have made sure that the zip I insert is not HFS+, just in case.

What else could I be doing wrong? If I try to mount the zip as root,
it sometimes says 'no media found'...

Any help is appreciated :-)

Ciao,

Paolo