Problems Installing YDL 3.0 on beige g3 tower

Michael H. Martel yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 5 14:25:01 2003

--On Monday, May 5, 2003 1:19 PM -0400 "Michael H. Martel"
<martelm@quark.vsc.edu> wrote:

DOH.  Read the install manual, and place the ramdisk.gz file in the right
place.  Once I did that it's fine.  I wonder why TerraSoft didn't create an
installer for the BootX pieces like they did with 2.3 ?

Oh well, it's installing happily now.

Thanks!

>> I'm having a problem installing YDL 3.0 on my 2 beige G3s. The problem is
>> the same for both, the installer tells me it can't find the YDL 3.0 cd in
>> the cdrom drive. On boot the kernel recognizes the cdrom and when the
>
> I've got the same problem.  2.3 installs fine, but 3.0 won't install.  My
> 3.0 CD's install fine on my iMacs.  Did you ever get a fix/work around
> for this ?

Michael

--

   Michael H. Martel              | Systems Administrator