Changing Default Button emul. F10/F11

Rick Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 5 22:04:01 2003

The mouse-emulation stuff is great but it only partly solves my
problem...

I have an ADB Kensington "Turbomouse" trackball with two buttons.
I don't want to use it with X-windows (the old PowerMac 6500 I've
got it on doesn't have enough RAM to do that...) I just want to use
it with the text mode virtual console software and with the gpm
text mode "cut and paste" utility.

The "ADB 1+ mouse" setting with 3-button mouse emulation turned on
works OK using it as a one-button mouse -- the left button on the
Turbomouse acts as the 1st mouse button.  The right button on the
Turbomouse is dead, and F10 and F11 act as the 2nd and 3rd mouse
buttons.  I'd like to have the right button on the Turbomouse be
live and either act as button 2 or button 3 (ideally,
configurable -- so I can experiment and find out what works best
for me!)

I've heard a rumor that the Kensington ADB mouse-equivalents use a
proprietary protocol for button clicks past the first mouse
button.  Is this what's causing the problem?  Or is there somewhere
all of this is documented and I've just not found it yet?

Thanks!

Rick