Changing Default Button emul. F10/F11

mike newman yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 6 05:29:01 2003

hi!

i had been also wondering how to best do this. one thing i would like to
be able to do is to set buttons 2&3 to be (what is on my laptop) "enter"
and the right hand "alt". why? these are both 'redundant' keys, so i am
not in any danger of configuring my mouse keys on top of some other
special keysequences. the suggestion below looks like it should work
(don't have my system with me right now), except that i recall "showkey"
telling me that left&right alt return the same keycode. is there a way to
reconfigure the keycodes safely, or define the button emulation in terms
of something more primitive than keycodes?

i'm currently running 2.3, but if there's a way to this is 3.0 i'm happy
to hear of that too, i'll be upgrading at some point.

mike