Screen OffSet

Jonathan Walton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 6 00:02:01 2003

I don't know if Dave's solution sticks between reboots, but I ended up
manually modifying my XF86Config file.  For example, I modified the line:
  Modeline "1024x768" 98.9  1024 1056 1216 1408   768 782 788 822 -HSync -VSync
  Modeline "1024x768" 98.9  1024 1150 1310 1408   768 782 788 822 -HSync -VSync
to improve the centering on my monitor.
If you add/subtract the same value to the second and third number in
each set of four, that changes the location of the sync signal relative
to the data, thereby shifting the screen.  I didn't mess with the
vertical, but changing the 782 and 788 would adjust that too.

[I think you have to quit and restart X for those changes to take effect]

Good luck,
  Jonathan