ydl 3.0 on ibook 800

Thierry de Coulon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 6 04:12:01 2003

On Tuesday 06 May 2003 00:33, Dan Burcaw wrote:

> That said, I take issue with the "YDL is too buggy" issue.
> Especially with YDL 3.. it's as solid and well tested as its ever been.
> Could it be better, sure... but I appreciate criticism that is provided
> with adequate perspective rather then that without.  Anyone remember YDL
> 1.0? We've come a long way, folks.

I think there are too many people that are pleased to complain as soon as a
distribution does not work for them "out of the box". I did not use YDL 1.0,
but I've been using 2.3 an 3.0. And, comparing with other 1386 distributions
(that don't have to fight so many hardware problems) all I can say is: great
work!

We don't want hundreds of messages here but there might be some way to let
people quickly say what they think of YDL (happy people usually don't say
anything, unhappy write at once).

Thierry

--
"I heard if you play the Windows XP CD backwards, you get a satanic message."
"That's nothing, if you play it forward, it installs Windows XP"