yellowdog-general digest, Vol 1 #795 - 15 msgs

Sergio Valdes-Flores yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 6 06:48:01 2003

--Apple-Mail-2-903627331

Hsu,
I think you "might" be correct....yes, the jaguars are fine in my
wireless network..they print, they see the USB shared printer on the
iMac flatpanel, the rest, ydl3 laptops are having cows.
the tools to know how much "color" or "black" I have in the 2
cartridges of the Epson Stylus color 740 are there in OS X. and to do
the print alignment as well.
Are they (Do they exist) in YDL 3 ?
if so, then what's the best way to set the USB printer so everyone can
see it in this xphome-osx-ydl3 wireless mess of mine ?
Thanks,
Sergio Valdes-Flores
Hialeah, Florida

On Monday, May 5, 2003, at 11:34  AM,
yellowdog-general-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:

> Message: 1
> Subject: Re: A peculiar issue between OS X and YDL 3 printing
> From: Aaron Hsu <noorah@aaronhsu.com>
> <yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>
> Date: 04 May 2003 23:35:12 -0500
>
> If I am correct, I believe that you must have Jaguar 10.2.5 in order to
> use the Airport print system. If you are trying to do usb sharing
> through the airport network, you may also have to have OS X, or at
> least
> have rendezvous capability. If you don't need this, then my next guess
> would be that you must have appletalk on or some form or method of
> accessing the printer.
>

> On Sun, 2003-05-04 at 14:30, Sergio Valdes-Flores wrote:
>> I have an Epson Stylus USB 740 (color)
>> it is attached to the USB port of my iMac flatpanel not doing YDL but
>> doing OS X jaguar .2.5
>>
>> I can see it with a browser at localhost:631
>> the iMac is connected to the internet WIRELESSLY through Airport card
>> thorough a belkin 802.11b wireless/ethernet router (can do both),
>> because I have more than one mac and I want to have NAT..ok..
>>
>> I have a PowerBookg3 pismo, it has ydl 3.0, only,
>> it has an airport card too, it sees the internet thru the same belkin
>> router and the same adsl modem.
>>
>> but I can't print!!!
>> I need to print from it...
>> it doesnt see the USB printer attached to the iMac...
>>
>> please HOW do you do this?
>> anyone in this list really familiar with the way the print center
>> attaches a local usb printer, answer this please...
>> I don't think it is really CUPS, what the PrintCenter is doing in OS
>> X...
>> ah, before I forget, another wireless mac with os x sees it just fine
>> and prints wirelessly to it, just fine..it is YDL 3.0 that's blind...

--Apple-Mail-2-903627331

Hsu,

I think you "might" be correct....yes, the jaguars are fine in my
wireless network..they print, they see the USB shared printer on the
iMac flatpanel, the rest, ydl3 laptops are having cows.

the tools to know how much "color" or "black" I have in the 2
cartridges of the Epson Stylus color 740 are there in OS X. and to do
the print alignment as well.

Are they (Do they exist) in YDL 3 ?

if so, then what's the best way to set the USB printer so
<underline>everyone</underline> can see it in this xphome-osx-ydl3
wireless mess of mine ?

Thanks,

Sergio Valdes-Flores

Hialeah, Florida

On Monday, May 5, 2003, at 11:34  AM,
If I am correct, I believe that you must have Jaguar 10.2.5 in order to

use the Airport print system. If you are trying to do usb sharing

through the airport network, you may also have to have OS X, or at
least

have rendezvous capability. If you don't need this, then my next guess

would be that you must have appletalk on or some form or method of

accessing the printer.

<excerpt>I have an Epson Stylus USB 740 (color)