YDL 3.0 + an original iBook (OS 9.2.2) -- a redhat-config-network problem

Howard S Modell yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 6 09:55:02 2003

I received my "Geek edition" of YDL 3.0 yesterday and installed it (no up=
date=20
option???!!) to my original-edition iBook running OS 9.2.2.  The install=20
itself went fine, and the resulting YDL 3.0 booted just as nicely.

When I invoke redhat-config-network, it crashes almost immediately with a=
=20
traceback stating that it (the r-c-n software) was "compiled against wire=
less=20
software version 14" and I "have version 12 installed".  Or a message ver=
y=20
similar .. I can post the exact text later (I'm at work and seperated fro=
m my=20
iBook)

I wasn't able to use r-c-n to configure my networking, either ethernet or=
=20
802.11b.

Fortunately, I'd at least gotten most of the IP, DNS stuff in during the=20
installation process and still had the directions from YDL 2.3 on how to =
set=20
up airport connectivity (the directions still worked, thank goodness).

Despite that, I'd like to fix this problem with r-c-n .. so I could use i=
t in=20
the future?  My "geek edition" came with the 3 source CDs ... does that h=
ave
enough on it to rebuild?  Is there enough instructions included to do a=20
rebuild? =20

Advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

--=20
Howie
---
Being 'On the Right Track' is ok as long as there's no train coming