YDL 3.0 + an original iBook (OS 9.2.2) -- a redhat-config-network problem

Charles-A Bogaerts yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 8 06:08:01 2003

I'm suffering from the same problem with an iMac g3-366mhz slot loading.
Red-Hat Config Network cannot starts&crashes with the same error output
as Howie. I cant hardly config anything without accessing the net with
my YDL iMac.

-- a redhat-config-network problem

I received my "Geek edition" of YDL 3.0 yesterday and installed it (no
update
option???!!) to my original-edition iBook running OS 9.2.2.  The install

itself went fine, and the resulting YDL 3.0 booted just as nicely.

When I invoke redhat-config-network, it crashes almost immediately with
traceback stating that it (the r-c-n software) was "compiled against
wireless
software version 14" and I "have version 12 installed".  Or a message
very
similar .. I can post the exact text later (I'm at work and seperated
from my
iBook)

I wasn't able to use r-c-n to configure my networking, either ethernet
or
802.11b.

Fortunately, I'd at least gotten most of the IP, DNS stuff in during the

installation process and still had the directions from YDL 2.3 on how to
set
up airport connectivity (the directions still worked, thank goodness).

Despite that, I'd like to fix this problem with r-c-n .. so I could use
it in
the future?  My "geek edition" came with the 3 source CDs ... does that
have
enough on it to rebuild?  Is there enough instructions included to do a
rebuild?

Advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Howie
---