Problems Installing YDL 3.0 on beige g3 tower

Aurčle Clemencin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 6 12:20:01 2003

Hi all...
sorry new to the list and i did not paste all the previous messages... the persons interested will recognise themselves.
I am experiencing the same phenomenom with my 7300 machine with a newertech G3 upgrade card.
Might be of interest for you to know few things I have been through. I have 2 scsi maps with 3 HD... 1 was containing 2 with my CD-ROM on it. In that configuration I get the no YDL CD found message. When I put the CD-ROM on the other map with the disk I want to install YDL on I get a "kernel panic : SCSI_unjam_host : Miscount of number of failed commands" and then the reboot in 180 secs....
In addition, when I first insert CD 2 or 3 then I get the YDL CD not in the CD-ROM, I can efect it and put the 1 in there with the same message appearing... but I cannot eject the CD anymore, meaning it recognises it somewhere, no?
Hope that helps sorting out things...
thx to all
Or'l