Can't boot install disc on a G4

Herouth Maoz yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 6 12:23:00 2003

My G4 (400MHZ AGP) doesn't agree to boot off the CD/DVD drive
(Original I got with the Mac - Hitachi GD7000). Apparently, this is
not unique to the Yellow Dog 3.0 disc - it also refuses to boot off
an original MacOS 9 disc.
Can it be that the machine refuses to boot off its original DVD
drive? Is there any magic that needs to be invoked to achieve this?
Is there any way to bypass this by copying something to a MacOS
partition? I did try to simply copy the "Boot" folder over, but it
loses its blessing.
Yeah, I sound kinda lame, I know, but until now, I only installed on
my OldWorld machine, this is the first time I try NewWorld, and it's
frustration at first step.

Herouth
--
EMAIL: herouth@spamcop.net