YDL 3 and second HD : How can you be seriously in business?

Dan Burcaw yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 6 14:26:06 2003

--=-8LVhCdlmaLnqhyS87rTm

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 07:37, Lee Parry wrote:
> > Richard,
> >=20
> > It did not "serious damage" anything. The issue is trivial and
> > simple to fix.=20
> >=20
> > Please read:
> > http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2003-Ap=
ril/007
> > 186.html
> >=20
> > before you jump to conclusions.
> >=20
>=20
> Although I'd agree that the fix is a relatively trivial matter, and all i=
> all this isn't the end of the world, it is still surprising that such a b=
ug
> got through to the final release.

No, it's not surprising. When people don't pay to support us, we can't
hire a dedicated quality assurance. Your likely response will be "well
do public betas".  Frankly, the same man power issue comes up again.=20
Just reading hundreds of bug reports would require more people then
we have.  Solution: if you want fewer bugs, you gotta put up the bucks.

That said, this is the best release ever. I'm trying to feel good about
that despite people jumping all over this bug.

--=-8LVhCdlmaLnqhyS87rTm

--=-8LVhCdlmaLnqhyS87rTm--