ydl 3.0 on new dual G4 + 23" flat display

Christopher Brown yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 6 17:53:00 2003

--Apple-Mail-6-943544205

I have the same problem. Dual G4 1.42 w/17" Flat Panel Cornea monitors
1280x1024 resolution 64 MB vid ram ATI 9000. Black screen with
horizontal bluelines.

(full 3D support for the ATI Radeon series), "video issues" are a thing
of the past.

Uh - hold the phone there YellowDog. Not quite a thing of the past. 3
people here with the same problem. Not to mention, My first attempt
destroyed my partition map so my Mac partition was toast.

3.0 loaded nicely on my iBook2 just fine only one minor problem, all
the old issues regarding sound are still present.

I had issues with the ATI card in version 2.x on my G4-350, but by
setting the resolution a little lower I was able to install just fine.
But in this case it seems a little silly to have to revert to less than
perfect resolution. $3000 machine, I don't want less than perfect
results.

For what it's worth, IMHO I believe that this puppy still isn't ready
to run with the big dogs, but it is very nice and a hundred times
better than previous versions. AND I contend it's better than any
Micro$oft product WITH all it's faults.

Christopher
--Apple-Mail-6-943544205

I have the same problem. Dual G4 1.42 w/17" Flat Panel Cornea monitors
1280x1024 resolution 64 MB vid ram ATI 9000. Black screen with
horizontal bluelines.

the ATI Radeon series), "video issues" are a thing of the past.

</bigger>Uh - hold the phone there YellowDog. Not quite a thing of the
past. 3 people here with the same problem. Not to mention, My first
attempt destroyed my partition map so my Mac partition was toast.

3.0 loaded nicely on my iBook2 just fine only one minor problem, all
the old issues regarding sound are still present.

I had issues with the ATI card in version 2.x on my G4-350, but by
setting the resolution a little lower I was able to install just fine.
But in this case it seems a little silly to have to revert to less
than perfect resolution. $3000 machine, I don't want less than perfect
results.

For what it's worth, IMHO I believe that this puppy still isn't ready
to run with the big dogs, but it is very nice and a hundred times
better than previous versions. AND I contend it's better than any
Micro$oft product WITH all it's faults.

Christopher</fontfamily>
--Apple-Mail-6-943544205--