ydl 3.0 on new dual G4 + 23" flat display

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 6 18:29:01 2003

At 16:53 -0700 on 2003-5-6 Christopher Brown wrote:

 > I have the same problem. Dual G4 1.42 w/17" Flat Panel Cornea
 > monitors 1280x1024 resolution 64 MB vid ram ATI 9000. Black screen
 > with horizontal bluelines.

Did anybody try to roll their own benh kernel?  Video issues are
usually solved much faster there.  The precompiled ones should work as
well, but the real thing is to rsync to the latest benh kernel tree
and compile it yourself.

I am not claiming that this solves the Nvidia or 9000 problems (I am
on an M7 myself), but it is worth a try.  Also try posting to the
linuxppc-user mailing list (see
http://lists.linuxppc.org/lists/linuxppc-user).  It is a very
low-trafffic list but knowledgeable people do hang in there.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.