Screen OffSet

Romeyn Prescott yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 8 06:26:01 2003

At 4:36 PM +0100 5/5/03, P.G. Howard-Cordone scribbled:
>At 0:16 -0400 05/05/2003, Corsec wrote:
>
>>After installing YellowDog linux 3.0 (I love it :D) i notices (was a problem
>>in other YDL's too) that on my iMac DV SE, the screen is a little too far to
>>the left, It goes a little off screen and theres about half and inch of
>>blackspace on the right.
>
>I have seen the same. However, when I adjusted the position for YDL,
>this then made it wrong for Mac OS. It seems that I have to
>continuously adjust the position when I switch between the two :-(

You want some REAL entertainment?  Switch to a virtual console
(CTRL-OPT-F2) and then back to X (CTRL-OPT-F7) a few times and watch
the fun!  We've tried this on two flat-panel 15" iMacs with the same
sad results.  Everytime we switch consoles, the offset is different.

...ROMeyn
--
http://www2.potsdam.edu/prescor/signat-url.htm