Mac-On-Linux

Mark Jaffe yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 9 02:09:01 2003

Hi, all! I am happy now to be running 3.0 on my Pismo. Now I think I can
finally get to try mol, but I am worried. I discovered there was no
/etc/molconfig installed by default. Looking at the FAQ and instructions at
maconlinux.org, I see a few paragraphs about setting up the partitions,
which I have done. But when I try to start mol, all I get is a strange
screen with a couple of blocks of solid color, and no evidence of anything
interesting happening. Is there supposed to be some other content in
/etc/molconfig?

BTW, I found the installation to be amazingly painless. Good job, guys! The
only complaint is failure to properly configure yaboot, which I had to do
manually after installation. Good thing I already knew about it from 2.3!

Mark
Mark Jaffe              | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard            | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards        | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards44@earthlink.net | http://www.wizdev.net/