ok this may be a stupid question, but...

Ed Rivenbark yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 9 16:29:00 2003

Mac OS is mandatory.  Older Powerbooks can't use Yaboot and have to use
BootX, which requires installing Mac OS.  BootX loads up when you start
up your Mac.  I have a Powerbook G3 and I created a very small partition
just for the Mac OS 9 startup files.  I really don't need a full install
of Mac OS, so this works for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com] On Behalf
Of Geno Endicott
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 1:57 PM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: ok this may be a stupid question, but...

I have a Wallstreet powerbook and want to install YDL as the only
system. But
it seems from the install pdf. I have to install OS 9. Is this true?

geno.

http://www.barbaloot.com
AIM: BARBALUT

"when you die," says a dark-haired woman at the next table, "they can
make you
into diamonds now. It's scientific. That's how I want to be remembered.
I want
to shine."
-neil gaiman