more mac-on-linux

Natalia Portillo yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 9 20:40:01 2003

Hi

> > On 5/9/03 15:24, "Natalia Portillo" <iosglpgc@teleline.es> wrote:
>
> >> 1. Video settings -
> >>    I have the video set to 800/600 which is respected by
> >> 9.2.2; but 10.2.6 insists on taking over the entire screen
> >> (1024x768 on my laptop)  I finally figured out how to switch
> >> back to YDL with the function key but it is still awkward.
> > Did you disabled the fullscreen section on molrc.video?
>
> No, I'll look at that. Funny, OS 9 stays in its window, but
> OSX takes over
> the screen. I'd expect them to behave the same.
There is an auto-switch to full-screen option in molrc.video.
OS 9 have curious behaviour about video sizes.
In a Macintosh G3 Beige, OF always do a screen garbage.
OS 9 goes to 640x480, always, no matter what the before size was.
OS X goes to 800x600 only if the before selected video size was not
bigger than that.

> >> 2. Networking -
> >>    I setup to use tun and the airport eth1 device, but I
> >> still can't get a connection in either OS9 or OSX. OSX
> >> Network settings show no available device, and OS9 TCP/IP
> >> control panel now shows two new devices: Ethernet slot J1 and
> >> J2. Not sure what to do...
> > Did you installed the drivers that are auto-mounted in
> desktop by MoL?
> The only thing I found in the folder was something call
> MOLAudio extension and a couple of URL links. After restart
> it still could not network. Maybe I need to use the OTHER
> Ethernet port?
There must be a Package.
Simply install that