YDL 3.0 Install Problem on ibook - Partitioning

Mark Kirkwood yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 9 22:24:01 2003

I am installing from the YDL 3.0 Geek Edition cds onto an early ibook
(M2453) running YDL 2.3 as its only operating system.

Immediately after "choose partition options" the installer aborts with :

Traceback :
/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py at 634 self.dispatch.gotoNext()
/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py at 150 self.moveStep()
/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py at 215 rc = apply(func, self.bindArgs(args))
/usr/lib/anaconda/partitioning.py at 57 partitions.setfromDisk(diskset)
/usr/lib/anaconda/partitions.py at 114 ptype =
fsset.fileSystemTypeGet(partedUtils.map_foreign_to_fsname(part.mac_native_type))
/usr/lib/anaconda/fsset.py at 61 return filesystemTypes[key]
keyError : Foreign

(Its not the exact text, as  I hand copied it)

I suspect that I am missing a partition type that the installer expect
to find.
(The phrase "Geek Edition - no support" is resonating in my head right
now ....)

Here is my partition table (pdisk -l):

Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/hda'
 #:                type name             length   base    ( size )
 1: Apple_partition_map Apple                63 @ 1
 2:    Apple_Driver_ATA*Macintosh            64 @ 64
 3:    Apple_Driver_ATA*Macintosh            64 @ 128
 4:       Apple_Patches Patch Partition     512 @ 192
 5:          Apple_Boot MOSX_OF3_Booter   16384 @ 704     (  8.0M)
 6:        Apple_Loader SecondaryLoader    1024 @ 17088
 7:     Apple_Bootstrap untitled          20481 @ 18112   ( 10.0M)
 8:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap             589825 @ 38593   (288.0M)
 9:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 untitled        5726014 @ 628418  (  2.7G)

Device block size=512, Number of Blocks=6354432 (3.0G)
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0
Drivers-
1:  21 @ 64, type=0x701
2:  34 @ 128, type=0xf8ff

Finally I have noticed that at the start of the YDL 2.3 boot process I
get this warning about partition types :

Apple_boot type should be Apple_bootstrap

(But 2.3 boots fine...)

Any help here would be great !

Cheers

Mark