ok this may be a stupid question, but...

Ed Rivenbark yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 10 00:48:02 2003

  It is required to use BootX on the Powerbook G3 98 and lower (Old
World Rom).  Since you have a Wallstreet you would have to install Mac
OS.  Rid on the other hand has a newer Powerbook model "Bronze" so it is
not required for him to use BootX or install Mac OS.  This is all
explained clearly on the Yellow Dog website.  Take a look at the support
section.

Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com] On Behalf
Of Rickard E
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 11:36 PM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Re: ok this may be a stupid question, but...

Geno Endicott wrote:

>I have a Wallstreet powerbook and want to install YDL as the only
system. But
>it seems from the install pdf. I have to install OS 9. Is this true?
>
>geno.
>
>http://www.barbaloot.com
>AIM: BARBALUT

I don't really know if I use a similar machine - mine is a G3 400 MHz
powerbook with a "bronze" coloured keyboard. I can positively say, that
there is NO Mac O/S on this machine. There is a small (HFS or whatever)
partition for bootup purposes, but this was created as a part of the
YDL2.3 installation. At no time was a Mac OS disk involved here and the
machine boots and runs very nicely indeed with only YDL.
Cheers
/RID