Suspension Problems AND Crash Questino

Richard Spillane yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 10 21:14:01 2003

OK, so I will give KDE a shot, but what I *think* "make /usr/bin/apm
setuid" means is to allow /usr/bin/apm to make itself root for certain
operations (Google search?) so that it has full access to the devices it
needs to affect in order to give you that "extra option".  I don't know
what 'suspend and standby' would even do.  Maybe this will help you.  I
will man the setuid command and see if that can do anything for me.

ALSO as a general question, I know that if my old RH6.0 system crashed
one too many times it would lose enough files from each crash that it
would eventually be unable to boot.  How many times can a YDL system
crash before it is unusabley unstable?  I am using YDL 3.0 but an answer
for any distro would be almost as helpful.  Thanks.