YDL 3.0 hangs on install on UMAX S-900 - update

Christopher Owens yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 10 19:55:01 2003

Hello all,

I started following the instructions on Thomas's site for installing YDL 3.0
on old world machines, but didn't get far enough through the boot process to
even begin.  It still hangs at the part where it loads the CD Rom drivers
(v3.12).

Thomas, I tried to get closer to your configuration by purchasing the TEAC
drive unit you're using, but it still hangs on the drivers, which kinda
tells me that the drivers may be having problems with the built-in SCSI
controller in the box.

Now, interestingly, the drivers in YDL 2.3 (v3.11) seem to load up just
fine, and a YDL 2.3 installation can proceed properly.  But what I don't
know is where those drivers come from and how they get loaded up.  Does
anyone have any information on how I might revert back to that version of
driver?  I have all the OEM discs for YDL 2.3 and YDL 3.0, so if anyone
would like to share a way to do this, or has any alternate suggestions, I'd
appreciate it greatly!

Best regards,
Chris