Mozilla, Java, and Flash

Herouth Maoz yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 12 03:01:01 2003

Quoting Corsec <geoff@systemred.net>:

> Has anyone got Flash or Java working with Mozilla, I have followed
> how-to's on the net but with no luck. If you have got this working
> please let me know how you did it, thanks

Java shouldn't be a problem. I didn't try it on YDL (I didn't manage to install
it, yet!), but it works well enough on my Mandrake PPC, and shouldn't be
different on YDL.

You download either the runtime environment or the full Java from:

   http://penguinppc.org/projects/java/

Yes, it's not 1.4, just 1.3, but that's what there is for PPC. I downloaded the
full one since I am also studying Java. Anyway, you install Java per the
instructions included in the package. You locate the Mozilla plugins directory
(use the main one - why bother with just your own user's?), su, make a symbolic
link per the instructions to the java plugin. Restart mozilla, and you have Java.

Herouth