YDL 3.0: Quality of DVD playing support?

Ronald Garcia yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 12 16:24:01 2003

Hi all,

I'm currently running a PowerBook G3 (Pismo) that dual-boots into YDL 2.3
and MacOS 9. I only use OS9 to watch DVDs and configure
my airport and as such  am considering switching to a Linux-only setup
running YDL
3.0 because the OS9 partition seems like a big waste of space.  What kind
of support for playing DVDs exists under YDL 3.0 compared to Apple's DVD
player?  I found an airport configurator program, which I hope will cover
that task, but I know next to nothing about playing DVDs under linux.

Thanks,

ron