Yellowdog 3.0 newbie

Carl Haynie yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 13 13:18:12 2003

Dan Burcaw

I have the problem you described in your fix for the apple_partition_map
issue. I can't boot or see the hde (MacOSX) drive unless I boot into System
9 and I have tried the solution you posted. Since i am such a newbie I am
missing something easy I'm sure.

When I boot into install rescue off the Disk 1 installer and go into
super-user then type exactly this

/sbin/pdisk/ -1 /dev/hde

then hit enter, it gives me an invalid error. Am I entering the text wrong?

Also, when I tried to enter the Yellowdog 3.0 installation for the 1st time,
the username "carl" and password "exhibit" I created at the install would
not work under any combination of possibilities. Does this mean I should
re-install to get a new password?

Thanks for the help

Carl Haynie