Keyboard (or lack of one) totally disables my server

Robert Barrimond yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 13 13:18:02 2003

--B_3135683914_28089875

I installed YDL 3.0 on my C600 (PM 6400 clone) and was surprised to find out
that disconnecting the keyboard totally disables the server!  Although the
machine will boot OK and responds to PINGs, I can't get any other networked
services, e.g. Apache or SSH, to operate.  I intended to run this machine in
a headless configuration and administrate with a remote X server.

Anyone run into this problem and have a solution?

--B_3135683914_28089875

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Keyboard (or lack of one) totally disables my server</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande">I installed YDL 3.0 on my C600 (PM 6400 clone) a=
nd was surprised to find out that disconnecting the keyboard totally disable=
s the server! &nbsp;Although the machine will boot OK and responds to PINGs,=
 I can't get any other networked services, e.g. Apache or SSH, to operate. &=
nbsp;I intended to run this machine in a headless configuration and administ=
rate with a remote X server. &nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
Anyone run into this problem and have a solution?<BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3135683914_28089875--