PowerBook sleep

S.M.Kelly yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 14 09:33:01 2003

--=-eS3bHObmfl9oGhNa2vRC

Actually, I figured this out.  you need to find the userbin/snooze file
while under root and select properties.  Check the setuid option.  This
will enable snooze in KDE.  So far, it has worked great.  I found it is
best if I close all my open applications first.  Also note that snooze
recovery takes a few seconds, be patient, and like "Hitchhiker's Guide"
says in friendly letters on the back, "Don't Panic."  It'll work......
I hope.

If I can answer any other questions, let me know.  I'm certainly no
expert, but I'm finding my way around slowly.

SMK

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 11:02, Angus M.Macdonald wrote:

> This happens to me quite alot as well. No video or ssh access on wake
> from sleep...I can hear the hard drive whirring, however.
>

> > Subject: Re: PowerBook sleep
> > From: "S.M.Kelly" <SMKSensei@mac.com>
> > To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> > Date: 11 May 2003 08:07:16 -0400
> >

> > --=-H+Td5RiZGdiydNYf1gzx
> >
> > On Sat, 2003-05-10 at 16:08, BruceMillerPhoto@aol.com wrote:
> >
> >> To put your Powerbook to sleep in YDL3, press the POWER button.  You
> >> will see
> >> "putting to sleep" dialog box momentarily and then instantaneous
> >> sleep.
> >> Pulsing light upon closing lid.  Wake by tapping space bar.  Same
> >> suggestion
> >> I gave at newbies!
> >
> > Well, you are right about it going right to sleep, no problem there.
> > However, like myself, it wouldn't respond when it was supposed to wake
> > up....yawn.  When I tapped the space bar, all I got was the pulsing
> > light stopped, but no video.  Nothing, no response.  I had to power off
> > to recover.  Any more ideas anyone?
> >

> > --
> >
> > S.M.Kelly

S.M.Kelly
=============================
SMKSensei@Mac.com
"A Windows professional who uses a Mac running Linux."

--=-eS3bHObmfl9oGhNa2vRC

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Actually, I figured this out.&nbsp; you need to find the userbin/snooze file while under root and select properties.&nbsp; Check the setuid option.&nbsp; This will enable snooze in KDE.&nbsp; So far, it has worked great.&nbsp; I found it is best if I close all my open applications first.&nbsp; Also note that snooze recovery takes a few seconds, be patient, and like &quot;Hitchhiker's Guide&quot; says in friendly letters on the back, &quot;Don't Panic.&quot;&nbsp; It'll work......&nbsp; I hope.<BR>
<BR>
If I can answer any other questions, let me know.&nbsp; I'm certainly no expert, but I'm finding my way around slowly.<BR>
<BR>
SMK<BR>
<BR>
<BR>