Problems compiling MOL kernel modules with 2.4.20-benh kernel

Thomas Kuehner yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 14 17:20:01 2003

Hi Mark, hi all!

> Try this...
>
> cd /usr/src/linux
> make menuconfig
> make dep
> make

I did so with the 2.4.20-benh sources but 'make' failed. First of all I did
not use /usr/src/linux as temporary directory but my home directory as
instructed in the Linux kernel sources README. Then I ran 'make menuconfig'
and loaded the config file that is accompanying the source tarball from
BenH's page. 'make dep' worked fine but on 'make' this error occured:

/home/thk/linux-2.4.20-benh/include/linux/pci_ids.h: -37083 internal error:
Segmentation fault

> Then try to recompile MOL.

As a hungry dog I tried to recompile it inspite of the error with 'make'
because the missing 'autoconf.h' file for recompiling MOL modules had been
created (before I made a ./configure with the kernel sources - so I am not
sure when it has been created exactly) meanwhile.

But then it broke with a segmentation fault ... (-

> Best,
> Mark de Jong

Thanks, but did not really help.

Thomas