Airport/iBook/YDL3.0 problems

Scott Kellogg yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 15 10:37:23 2003

You need to set the ESSID and KEY of your network.  You are running and
encrypted network, right?

As root, edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1:
DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes
ESSID="yourNetworkName"
KEY="yourKey"

>From Yellow Dog's site:
If you have encryption activated on your Base Station, then you will need
to find the hexidecimal key of your AirPort network password. You can get
this key using Apple's Base Station admin tool. There's a menu option to
get the "Network Equivalent Password" in the "Base Station" menu.

Then issue "service network restart".  Hopefully that will get you up and
running.

HTH,
Scott