Linksys WPC11 and g3

Doug Brewer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 16 14:16:01 2003

Hello,

I am not new to linux but new to YDL and have installed 3.0 on my
wallstreet g3 laptop (smooth install). My next task is to get my linksys
WPC11 wireless card running.

I have spent a bit of time searching the archives and found bits and
pieces of info, but nothing complete.

I have configured /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia to enable pcmcia. However I have
no idea what to enter under PCIC, and have tried various values gleaned
from the archives such as yenta and yenta_socket, but continue to get
error messages when trying to start the pcmcia service. I think this is
due to entering the wrong PCIC value:

Starting PCMCIA services: modulesmodprobe: Can't locate module
pcmcia_core.o
modprobe: Can't locate module yenta_socket.o
modprobe: Can't locate module ds.o
 cardmgr.

Any pointers or help would be appreciated.

Doug