PPTP and MPPE under YDL 3.0

Ronald Garcia yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 16 13:35:01 2003

Greetings,

I installed YDL 3.0 today and the process went like a charm!  Anyway, I
need wireless vpn support on my laptop for day to day service, and it
requires installing a tool called pptp
(http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net) and an item called ppp-mppe, also
avaiable at the same page.  I am having some trouble installing ppp-mppe
and am wondering if anyone has experience with this kind of thing.

I built ppp-mppe from a source rpm, and when I installed it, it complained
that it needs to create a kernel module, which requires the location of my
linux kernel source tree...which I presume I don't have because I did not
build a kernel.  Has anyone here used mppe before?  Any suggestions would
be greatly appreciated.

ron