YDL 3.0 Feedback

Neben Kabon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 16 15:46:00 2003

Yes, I just got a chance to install YDL 3.0 on my 600MHz iBook.  I am
overall very happy with it.  The installation went well.  In YDL 2.3 I
had a problem with my audio not working properly with YDL and it is
cleared up with 3.0.  I can now use XMMS on my iBook to play mp3/ogg.
One thing that I notice is that if I unplug my USB mouse while running,
it does something to the audio output and I have not been able to get
audio back without rebooting.  It appears to still be playing but there
is no volume.

Gnome is noticeably snappier than YDL 2.3.  This I also noticed between
Red Hat 7.3 and 8.0 on my desktop.  (Not an expected result with most OS
upgrades!)

So far overall I am very happy with YDL 3.0.  I have not tried getting
wireless running on 3.0, but I had it working previously on 2.3.