More YDL 3.0 Feedback

Thomas Kuehner yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 16 17:50:01 2003

Hi Gavin

On Sat, 2003-05-17 at 02:10, Gavin Hemphill wrote:

> The first problem was the memory size, the installer crashes doing the
> post install configuration with 1.5 gig of memory.  I simply removed a
> gig of memory for the second install attempt and it worked fine.  The
> memory was replaced after the install and the machine has been working
> without problems.

Very interesting Gavin because I had a similar problem on an OldWorld
Mac (UMAX Pulsar):

With 272 MB RAM (4 x 64 MB + 16 MB OnBoard) Anaconda broke on
installation and the X server as well.

I reduced RAM to 2 x 64 (+ 16 MB) and installation went fine.

Afterwards I added the RAM back and all worked smooth with the installed
system since then.

Thomas

--

Thomas Kuehner