Linksys WPC11 and g3

Bob Sams yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 17 09:50:01 2003

Doug,
I had exactly the same set of problems with a Lucent Orinoco Silver
802.11b card which I think uses the same driver as your Linksys.  I
could not get the card to work although the pcmcia cardmgr system
recognized and initialized it and it should up as working in ifconfig
and iwconfig.  The signal quality was 0 and the rate was listed as 2 mbs
in iwconfig but it moved no data.I worked on this thing for days,
although I am not an expert by any means.  YDL should be able to get the
most popular 802.11b card to work in my opinion.

I gave up and went back to Linux Mandrake.

Setup
Powerbook Wallstreet 384 MB ram.

Bob