screen goes black..

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 18 06:13:01 2003

Hi, I've been trying to get either YDL 2 or YDL 3 to run on a Power Center 150
(lots of ram, YDL installed on an external scsi drive).

The same problem happens either YDL 2 or 3...everything installs perfectly, but
when I boot into Linux, things go black after it is done with the text part of
boot-up.  If I use text login, it goes black after I log in (KDE continues to
load, you can tell because of the sound ditty that plays during the desktop
graphical login screen.

Obviously it doesn't like something about the video on the machine, which has
nothing but an Apple "platinum" video card.

Any suggestions?  I choose 800 x 600 and thousands of colors during
installation, should I have chosen something else?  I have an Applevision 1710
monitor.

Thanks,

RJ Goos

YDL.net - The online community for Yellow Dog Linux users