J2EE download location

Kevin B. Hendricks yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 19 07:57:01 2003

Hi,

There are two JDKs available for PPC Linux.

The first is the Balckdown JDK and its latest version is awaiting mirroring on
the Blackdown mirror list.  But you can grab it from the YDL mirrors.  It is
kept there since it is one of the tools that is required to build
OpenOffice.org

So check out YDL ftp site (or its mirrors in) software/openoffice/ and you can
get the very latest Blackdown version or the JDK 1.3.1 -02d-FCS or the JRE.
Unfortunately, it does not have a JIT or Hotspot.  There has been some porting
activity recently on a JDK 1.4 with Hostpot but I am not sure how far along
this has gotten.  It is certainly not working yet as far as I know.

The other source for a JDK/JRE is from IBM's website (registration required)
search for the Linux p-series JDK and you will find IBM's nice JDK 1.3.1 or
JRE with full JIT.  Unfortunately IBM does not incldue the Mozilla plugin but
the JIT is very nice for improved performance.

Hope this helps,

Kevin