screen goes black..

Halvor yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 19 10:03:01 2003

on 18-05-03 21:12, rjgoos@ydl.net at rjgoos@ydl.net wrote:
I have been having a similar problem on a beige G3 with an ATI Radeon 7500
card and a Mitsubushi Diamondtron RD21G monitor. (unsuported model)

things worked fine until textmode, once trying to startx the monitor shuts
down.

did add (this beeing in my case) video=3Dradeon:vmode:16,cmode:24 to Boot X,
with "no video" unchecked (the setting "force video" under options doesn=B4t
seem to make any difference) which fixed this.

now I do however have for some reason something that seems like 640*480
resolution when in text mode, which is although not critical, a bit annoyin=
on a 21 inch monitor. Once X server starts up, gnome or kde, the video
switch into correct settings ??? anyone

Halvor