OpenOffice Font problem

Thomas Kuehner yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 18 08:08:01 2003

Hi all

I did not install OpenOffice directly with the system installation but later.

I used the rpms from the YDL3.0 CD2 to install j2re and compat-stdlib,
then I downloaded the OpenOffice 1.0.3 archive from the Yellowdog
server (directory: software).

OpenOffice installed then without problems.

But the application has unsmoothed menus and the text in a document
looks very ugly too.

Does anybody know how to enable font antialiasing in OpenOffice so the
fonts look the same as in all other KDE or GNOME applications?

Changing the settings and restarting OpenOffice did not make any difference.

Furthermore, does anyone know how to add the OpenOffice applications to the
existing Office menu in the menubar?

Thomas

--

Thomas Kuehner