Firewire HDs

Carsten Milling yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 19 17:12:01 2003

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 11:15:15PM +0100, Natalia Portillo wrote:
> What about hotplug? Doesnt the kernel support hotplug so no driver
> reloading is needed?

I don't know about the current hotplug status with YDL 3.0 (switched
to gentoo recently and did not yet bother configuring hotplug). The
hotplug setup in my YDL 2.3 did only load the sbp2 driver, and only
when the ieee1394 and ohci1394 drivers were already loaded. It did not
automatically scan the bus to actually register new devices.  As I
read in <http://www.linux1394.org/faq.html#hotplug> this has been
improved for newer kernel/hotplug versions utilizing the
rescan-scsi-bus.sh script from the hotplug agent.